It is the season to be outside and gardening. I’ve been doing a lot of gardening lately. Ok that’s a lie I haven’t done any gardening yet but I’ve been thinking about gardening a lot lately. We have stuff to start gardening but I tend to kill plants so I’m slightly intimidated by real gardens. I will get to that but to start out I made an adorable unicorn fairy garden. What is a unicorn fairy garden you ask? It is a magical garden for unicorns to hang out in, obviously. I made it colorful, fun, and sparkly to give it a magical unicorn vibe. I’ve made a classic fairy garden but this year I wanted to make something a little more fun. This is a fun activity to make with kids.The materials to make it I got from the dollar store, amazon, and Walmart. You can get most things from the dollar store. I painted a galvanized bucket for the basket but you can just get a colorful bucket and decorate it with stickers. This is such a fun project to make with kids!
Lets get started, the unicorns are waiting, what you . need to make a unicorn fairy garden:
faux moss or grass
fairy garden accessories(mini mushrooms, flowers, etc)
plastic unicorns(I used unicorn necklaces)
glittery star or heart stickers or rainbow stickers
- Fill the bottom of the bucket with newspaper, tissue paper, or foam to boost up what is inside.
- Add moss. I spray painted the moss first but I honestly don’t think it was necessary.
- Add the fairy garden accessories: mushrooms, flowers, butterflies, and more.
- Add unicorns spread out in the garden.
- Add glitter. I used blue but use any fun colors you want.
- Add colorful curling ribbon in the top for a fun vibe.
- I spray painted a bucket lavender but you can get an already colorful bucket to make it easier.
- Add shiny star and heart stickers. I got these from the dollar store. Rainbow and unicorn stickers would look really cute too! Make it your own!
It’s such a cute and magical place. My daughter loved it and loves playing make believe with the unicorns and her other toys come to join in. The unicorn fairy garden is such a hit and will get kids excited for some really gardening too!
About Valerie Lewis
Hi I'm Val! I love coffee and cupcakes(breakfast of champions), and making simple crafts with my kids.
- Web |
- More Posts(435)