For my daughter’s Moana party I wanted to make some cute cupcakes! Cupcakes are kind of my thing and I like to make simple ones that still look really cute. I decided to make some Pua and Hei Hei inspired cupcakes. The kids absolutely loved these cute cupcakes. I also made a cake but the cupcakes were chosen over the cake and I don’t blame the kids for that because they are really cute! Let’s get this party started!
For the Pua cupcakes you need:
black and white candy melts
pink candy melts
candy eyes or small chocolate chips
black frosting or dark chocolate frosting and vanilla frosting
- Frost the cupcake with vanilla frosting. Take a pink candy melt and cut a small part off the right and left side and the bottom.
- For the spots melt a small amount of black and white candy melts together to make gray. Then put smalls spots of it on a sheet of parchment paper with a spoon. Once they dry add two spots to a cupcake one on the top and one on the left side.
- Add candy eyes or a dot of white frosting above the pink nose. Add mini chocolate chips if using frosting for the eyes. Then add two lines onto the nose for nostrils. Plus two lines for eyebrows above the eyes.
- Take a square marshmallow and cut it in half. The add frosting in the middle and dip the frosted part into pink sprinkles. Add them to the cupcakes.
For the Hei Hei cupcakes you need:
white candy melts
red candy melts
mini chocolate chips
- Frost a cupcake with chocolate frosting.
- Dip it into orange sprinkles. You could also use orange frosting.
- Add white candy melts on the left and right side of the cupcake.
- Add a mini chocolate chip to each white candy melt towards the outside party.
- Add two M&Ms for the mouth one above the other, put them in sideways.
- Melt red candy melts. Spread them out in a spikey shape for the top of the head and a narrow oval shape for by the mouth.
Now you have some cute Moana cupcakes ready for a Moana party!
About Valerie Lewis
Hi I'm Val! I love coffee and cupcakes(breakfast of champions), and making simple crafts with my kids.
- Web |
- More Posts(435)