My daughter loves to wear headbands! She also is big into dress up and pretend play. I wanted to make a monster headband for her and this diy monster headband was really fun to make. I used things we had around the house to make it. You can make it for pretend play or with a Halloween costume. A lot of monster costumes have a huge fuzzy part that goes over your head. Most kids I know wont wear costumes that cover up most of their head. You could then just glue a bunch of googly eyes on a dress and black felt for a mouth . Bam you have an easy no sew costume. This I thought would be fun for my daughter to wear to school without having to dress up in a costume.
What you need to make the monster headband:
colorful pom pom balls
a plain head band(I used one my daughter never wears)
hot glue gun
- Put a small line of glue on the top of the headband slightly off to one side.
- Press pom pom balls one at a time firmly on to the headband. You can use one color to make it look consistent or many colors.
- Add more pom poms until you have covered the top middle part of the headband.
- Put glue on the back of a googly eye
- Press the googly eye on top of one of the pom poms
- Repeat with more googly eyes. I used about 5 but you can use a bunch.
Isn’t my little monster so scary? ;). She made her best scary face but this diy monster headband is obviously for the cute monsters not the scary kind!
About Valerie Lewis
Hi I'm Val! I love coffee and cupcakes(breakfast of champions), and making simple crafts with my kids.
- Web |
- More Posts(435)
Comments are closed.