We love playing games at my house. Sometimes we just come up with games for fun. We have also been getting ready for the new Beauty and the Beast movie. That means Beauty and the Beast parties! It also means everyone needs some party games to celebrate or just to play at home over spring break! I have some ideas for easy party games. Some take a few materials from the dollar store. All of them should be easy enough for a range of ages to play. We know all ages love the movie. It was one of my favorites as a kid and now I get to relive it all with my daughter. Isn’t that the best when you can relive the movies you loved as a child with your own child?!
Posts Tagged ‘party games’
Housewarming parties are a great time to bring all your family and friends together to celebrate your new home. Whether you are just doing a small gather of family or inviting a large group of people you want to keep them entertained. I think every party could use a game or two. This isn’t an occasion to have complicated games keep it easy and use what you have around the house or from the move. I came up with some fun housewarming party games that use household items to make it easy.
Here are the housewarming party game ideas:
Balloons and streamers are an easy way to decorate any party. You can use them in different colors for different themes. They also are easy to use for some simple party games. The best part is they can be decorations and games all in one! I love coming up with party games. My daughter and I use some of them just to play when we have nothing else to do. You can never have too many ideas for games or activities. Especially the easy kind because who has time to have elaborate games. I know I don’t have the patients and my daughter certainly doesn’t have the patience. These games can really work for any type of kids party theme! They are all cheap and easy just the way I like my party games.
This post contains affiliate links, see disclosure policy
Every bridal shower needs a few games! I love party games and bridal showers are the perfect place to have funny bridal shower games. Girlfriends can appreciate some funny games. I have some games that should make a crowd laugh and have fun. I’m hoping to play a few of these games at my own bridal shower this year. Weddings are so fun because you get all these bonus times of hanging out with your friends before the big day.
- First kiss! Have all of the guests put on lipstick and kiss a piece of pape. The bride has to guess who’s kiss it is.
- Kiss the bride! Blow up a picture of the bride to poster size or draw a large bride on white wrapping paper. You can also cut out one from a magazine, having a small one would be more challenging! Have everyone put on lipstick. Then blindfold people one at a time and have them kiss the poster, whoever gets closest to the brides face/mouth wins! Like pin the tail on the donkey but with kisses. The kissing the wall part makes it extra funny.
- Balloon game! I am fond of balloons and balloon games. They are easy and fun. Have everyone write funny advice with sharpie markers to the bride on balloons. The bride can pick her favorite. This is decorations and a game in one! It could be sincere advice as well.
- Catch the bouquet! Make a bouquet out of toilet paper. Just wrap toilet paper around itself to make a flower shape. Then tape it or glue it together. Make a few flowers then tape them to the toilet paper roll on the bottom. Use lots of tape to keep it together. The bride can be blindfolded and try to throw the bouquet to the guests. Whoever catches the bouquet wins! The blindfold makes it extra funny since the bride might not even throw it near the guests.
- Making bouquets! Same thing with toilet paper bouquets but the guests get into teams and have to make bouquets. Whoever makes the bouquet the fastest wins. You can also have whoever makes the best bouquet wins but speed games are funny.
- Toilet paper wedding dress! Same idea as the last one but with making a wedding dress out of toilet paper. Points for style and speed!
- Wedding guest dance off! Put on a little single ladies or cheesy wedding music and have a little dance off/dance party!
- Name that wedding song! Play small clips of cheesy wedding songs and have guests write down the name of the song. Make sure it is a super small bit of the song to make it challenging. Whoever gets the most right wins. There are so many cheesy wedding songs to choose from!
- Eat the ring, the donut ring! Have powdered sugar donuts(because the powdered sugar is messy ;)). Put them on a plate with a donut on each plate. Have the guests line up in a row, one in front of each plate. Participants have to put there hands behind there back and try to eat the donut on the plate just using their mouth. The first one done wins! Also I have some adorable free diamond ring donut toppers.
- Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue scavenger hunt! Guests have to collect all of these things. There can be items hidden around the house or they have to go around to neighbors and collect these items. Adults on a scavenger hunt is always funny!
Here are some more funny games from around the web:
The Super Bowl is coming up and the Super Bowl provides a lot of entertainment in itself. However, it doesn’t hurt to have some easy extra games for a crowd watching sports games. You can use these games for kids sports parties or watching sports. Nothing complicated because nobody has time for anything too crazy!
- Balloon scores! Everyone can write their prediction for the final score of the game on a balloon. Then when a score has passed or is wrong the person has to pop their balloon. The closest score or last balloon standing/floating wins!
- Write a number on as many balloons as there are guests. Everyone is assigned a number. Inside one of the balloons can be a piece of paper that says winner and that person wins a prize! Pop the balloons to find the number.
- Balloon football! One balloon with laces drawn on can be the “football”. Play touch balloon football. This can be funny since balloons are a bit harder to throw and control than real footballs.
- Touchdown! With balloons, crumpled up paper or a nerf football. Throw it between a “goal post” on the wall that can be made with yellow washi tape or masking tape. You can do this outside for more room.
- Throw the football! Outside have tape on the ground with numbers for the 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 yard line. See who can throw the football the furthest. Have the far away one challenging for adults and close ones for kids.
- Football Cups! Get brown cups(party store) and make football laces with masking tape. You can stack them up and have people know them over with a nerf football.
- Again with the cups adults can play beer pong and kids can play get the ball in the cup. For kids you can put the cups in different formations(letter,number) and have them throw a ping pong ball into the cups with 5 tries. Have a small prize for the winner.
15 fun trolls party games and activities!
We are really excited for the Trolls movie in my house! My daughter loves games and activities. She helped me come up with some Troll games and activities! These are all kid approved.
- Find the troll. Put a troll from my printable tags CLICK HERE underneath a piece of candy or cups. Tape on with double sided tape. Show the kids which cup has the troll then mix them around quickly and see if the kids can guess where the troll ends up. You can do it with the two different trolls and 5 pieces of candy(or cups) to make it more challenging to guess.
- Decorate a troll. Take blue and pink paper bags. Add googly eyes, stickers, gems, tissue paper, feathers and other decorations.
- Freeze dance. Put on some music from the movie such as “Cant stop this feeling”. Start the music then stop it after a short time. Every time it stops the kids have to freeze. Dancing and a game in one!
- Troll pinata! Everyone loves a pinata.
- Poppy’s popping bubble station because bubbles! You can have individual bubbles or a large bubble maker.
- Run from the bergan! Have an adult or one person be the bergan/bad guy. Everyone else are trolls, if the trolls are tagged they turn into a bergan and get to tag others. The last good guy wins.
- Making streamer troll people. Have different teams with different colors of streamers for every team. Each team has to wrap an entire roll of streamers around one team member. Whoever finishes first wins.
- Streamer troll relay race. Once people are wrapped up as trolls have an obstacle course set up for them to crawl over objects or jump over. This can be made with streamers tied across the room or a hallway.
- Balloon game! Everyone loves balloons. I haven’t met a person large or small that doesn’t love balloons. Tie balloons around the kids waists with streamers. Have two teams with two different color balloons. Kids from one team try to chase and steal the other teams balloons. When they steal a balloon the person they stole it from is out and they can put the balloons in a laundry basket or box. Whoever gets the other team out first wins.
- Crazy troll hair station. Have a station with hair chalk and hair glitter(glitter optional) to make fun bright color troll hair. You can do fun styles as well, depending on your hair skill level.
- Hide the troll or trolls. Have small troll toys, small balls, candy or plastic eggs with the troll printables taped on them. Hide them, have the kids search for and collect the trolls.
- Car races! Tape the printables on small wind up cars. Have two teams race Poppy and Branch.
- Pin the hair on the troll. Get a poster of the trolls. Get cardstock paper in the color of the hair and cut pieces it out in the shape of the hair. Put double sided tape on the back of the papers. Have the kids pin the hair on the poster.
- Ring toss. Print out the large circle trolls CLICK HERE, Tape onto the top of a wooden dowel. Glue the bottom of the wooden dowel to the middle of a small piece of wood, cardboard or foam board. You can use embrodiery hoops with ribbon wrapped around for the rings(these are cheaper than a ring toss game). If you already have a ring toss game just use that and tape one of the trolls to the base or front.
- Troll twister. Use the printable mentioned in the line above and tape them to one of the colors on the twister board.
This post contains affiliate links
Emoji parties are really popular right now for all ages. I think all ages really like emojis and would love an emoji party. Here are some easy emoji party games that are fun and simple to put together. I put some together with materials I had around the house. If you have some cups, marshmallows, balloons, lemons and paper plates you can make some emoji games! Different ages might find different games appealing but there is something for everyone. I know emojis parties are popular for the teens and they are a tricky group to find games for. I suggest 2 games for parties to add a little extra fun but not over schedule the party time. These easy emojis party games are perfect for last minute games that will please a crowd.
Every princess needs a princess party and every princess party needs fun games! You also want your games to be easy to put together. These games are for a range of ages. For the little little ones some might be too complicated but there is something for everyone. Makes me want to throw a princess party for myself! I did go to an adult princess party one time and it was awesome! My costume was The Little Mermaid because that is my favorite princess movie. My daughter is more partial to Frozen and her favorite princess right now is actually Princess Leia from Star Wars. The best thing about a princess party in my opinion is there are so many princesses to choose from. You can have it focused on one princess or have them all! You can use these ideas for any type of princess party from Frozen to Cinderella or all the princesses together. There can never be too many princesses at a party!
For every holiday I have to do something fun and goofy. Okay, usually multiple goofy projects because that is how I roll. These pool noodle cupid’s arrows are a blast! We have been throwing them around and using them for games for the last week. You can make them for a Valentine’s party game, just for fun with kids, and to hang up as a decoration at parties. I don’t know if it is just an Arizona thing but most people I know have pool noodles in the garage that are just hanging out and not being used this time of year. This is an excellent way to use them. You can also pick some up from the dollar store, Walmart or Target! One pool noodle makes two arrows. You can use them on their own to just throw around and try aim and hit someone. You can also try to get them through a hoop or a large heart like the one I made for a photo booth here: http://valeventgal.com/2015/02/valentines-day-kissing-booth/