I am a sucker for cute and silly cupcakes! If you have been to my site before, chances are you have seen some cupcakes or other cute desserts. I don’t make anything fancy because I am not a professional. My goal with making desserts is to make them simple so myself and others can actually achieve the look. These fun little kissing lips cupcakes are really cute for Valentine’s Day. It’s a day all about love and love involves some smooches. My daughter knows I give way too many smooches. She is at the age where she isn’t wanting me to kiss her as much so I have to sneak them in when I can. She’s a little fiveager, acting like a teenager but she’s only five. It is my job as a parent to kiss her in public and embarrass her in front of her friends. These kissing lips Valentine’s Day cupcakes are a fun treat for Galentine’s parties as well. I made them a few different ways to try them out and see what looked best. I tried to give them a bit of an illustrated/cartoon look. You can get creative with how to make them.
It’s bridal shower time everyone! In case you missed it I have been posting fun bridal shower ideas all week like these free printable diamond ring donut toppers, funny games, theme ideas, and diamond decorations. I am engaged and that has me thinking of all the bridal shower ideas. Wedding ideas will be coming up soon too! Of course I will also still have all of my holiday and other party ideas as well. I’m not turning into an obsessed crazy bride to be(not yet). I made this celebrity wedding bridal shower game because who doesn’t love a fun celebrity game?! The bride gets to pick who would be at her dream celebrity wedding. Including her celebrity crush as the groom! Most friends might know the bride to be’s celebrity crush but they may not know the other players at her celebrity wedding. Who would be officiate, who would perform? it is just fun to think about and the bride can use her imagination on these things. Who every guesses the most answers right wins! There is also room at the bottom to add a bonus question like who else would be in the bride’s bridal party, which celebrity house would she have the wedding at, or anything really, get creative with it!
Bridal showers are a great time to get together with friends and family to celebrate the bride to be! You can’t celebrate without a fun theme, right?! Showers don’t need a theme but I think it always adds a little something extra and helps tie the shower together. When picking out a theme it is best to think of the brides personality and what fits her. You can also coordinate the theme with her wedding decor. If she is doing rustic go more rustic, if she is doing bright colors bring on the bright colors! There are no rules with themes, be as creative as you want or just pick a color scheme. Here are 10 fun easy bridal shower themes and ideas from around the web:
Parties could use a little extra shine! Make easy diy iridescent party decor for bridal showers or other occasions. I made hanging diamond decorations and added pink hearts for a pop of color! I also added some iridescent hearts to balloons for a pretty easy embellishment!
What yo need to make them:
Iridescent tissue paper
white cardstock paper
This post contains affiliate links, see disclosure policy
Every bridal shower needs a few games! I love party games and bridal showers are the perfect place to have funny bridal shower games. Girlfriends can appreciate some funny games. I have some games that should make a crowd laugh and have fun. I’m hoping to play a few of these games at my own bridal shower this year. Weddings are so fun because you get all these bonus times of hanging out with your friends before the big day.
- First kiss! Have all of the guests put on lipstick and kiss a piece of pape. The bride has to guess who’s kiss it is.
- Kiss the bride! Blow up a picture of the bride to poster size or draw a large bride on white wrapping paper. You can also cut out one from a magazine, having a small one would be more challenging! Have everyone put on lipstick. Then blindfold people one at a time and have them kiss the poster, whoever gets closest to the brides face/mouth wins! Like pin the tail on the donkey but with kisses. The kissing the wall part makes it extra funny.
- Balloon game! I am fond of balloons and balloon games. They are easy and fun. Have everyone write funny advice with sharpie markers to the bride on balloons. The bride can pick her favorite. This is decorations and a game in one! It could be sincere advice as well.
- Catch the bouquet! Make a bouquet out of toilet paper. Just wrap toilet paper around itself to make a flower shape. Then tape it or glue it together. Make a few flowers then tape them to the toilet paper roll on the bottom. Use lots of tape to keep it together. The bride can be blindfolded and try to throw the bouquet to the guests. Whoever catches the bouquet wins! The blindfold makes it extra funny since the bride might not even throw it near the guests.
- Making bouquets! Same thing with toilet paper bouquets but the guests get into teams and have to make bouquets. Whoever makes the bouquet the fastest wins. You can also have whoever makes the best bouquet wins but speed games are funny.
- Toilet paper wedding dress! Same idea as the last one but with making a wedding dress out of toilet paper. Points for style and speed!
- Wedding guest dance off! Put on a little single ladies or cheesy wedding music and have a little dance off/dance party!
- Name that wedding song! Play small clips of cheesy wedding songs and have guests write down the name of the song. Make sure it is a super small bit of the song to make it challenging. Whoever gets the most right wins. There are so many cheesy wedding songs to choose from!
- Eat the ring, the donut ring! Have powdered sugar donuts(because the powdered sugar is messy ;)). Put them on a plate with a donut on each plate. Have the guests line up in a row, one in front of each plate. Participants have to put there hands behind there back and try to eat the donut on the plate just using their mouth. The first one done wins! Also I have some adorable free diamond ring donut toppers.
- Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue scavenger hunt! Guests have to collect all of these things. There can be items hidden around the house or they have to go around to neighbors and collect these items. Adults on a scavenger hunt is always funny!
Here are some more funny games from around the web:
You know what they say donuts are a girls best friend, or is it diamonds? Well either way us ladies love them both so why not put them together! I made these pretty free printable diamond ring donut toppers. They come in blue, pink, and silver. These would be perfect for a bridal brunch or any bridal shower. I love them so much I might have to make some more diamond ring decorations. In December my wonderful man asked me to marry him. I’m engaged and can’t wait to start my life with my love. Before the wedding we will be having some celebrations. Bridal shower, bachelorette party, let the games begin! Wow I’m excited for all of the food and desserts ;). Yes, that is where my mind goes first to donuts and cupcakes. Hopefully I can make the process a little easier on you all and my friends/family by coming up with some ideas and free printables.
The Super Bowl is coming up and the Super Bowl provides a lot of entertainment in itself. However, it doesn’t hurt to have some easy extra games for a crowd watching sports games. You can use these games for kids sports parties or watching sports. Nothing complicated because nobody has time for anything too crazy!
- Balloon scores! Everyone can write their prediction for the final score of the game on a balloon. Then when a score has passed or is wrong the person has to pop their balloon. The closest score or last balloon standing/floating wins!
- Write a number on as many balloons as there are guests. Everyone is assigned a number. Inside one of the balloons can be a piece of paper that says winner and that person wins a prize! Pop the balloons to find the number.
- Balloon football! One balloon with laces drawn on can be the “football”. Play touch balloon football. This can be funny since balloons are a bit harder to throw and control than real footballs.
- Touchdown! With balloons, crumpled up paper or a nerf football. Throw it between a “goal post” on the wall that can be made with yellow washi tape or masking tape. You can do this outside for more room.
- Throw the football! Outside have tape on the ground with numbers for the 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 yard line. See who can throw the football the furthest. Have the far away one challenging for adults and close ones for kids.
- Football Cups! Get brown cups(party store) and make football laces with masking tape. You can stack them up and have people know them over with a nerf football.
- Again with the cups adults can play beer pong and kids can play get the ball in the cup. For kids you can put the cups in different formations(letter,number) and have them throw a ping pong ball into the cups with 5 tries. Have a small prize for the winner.
The Super Bowl is coming up and it is the ultimate beer occasion. I am a beer girl and it has to be from a bottle not a can. My can beer days I left behind in college. These free printable sports party beer labels can be used at any type of sports party. They are perfect for the Super Bowl. One to open when your team is winning, one to open when your team is losing, and others for people on team beer. Everyone’s on team beer right?! I don’t watch a lot of football on my own but I do enjoy getting together with friends to watch a game. I’m a social sports watcher. On my own I’m more likely to watch The Bachelor or some real housewives. No shame in my guilty pleasure TV watching game. As a mom my TV watching time is limited. The fun thing about Super Bowl parties is you can bring the kids to play together while the adults have a frosty beverage and watch the game.
The super bowl is right around the corner! That means time to bring out all the cute football party desserts and food. This easy football field cupcake cake is perfect for a football party. I made a couple mini cupcake cakes but you can do one lager one too! It’s the same process you would just use a whole batch of cupcakes for a larger football field cupcake cake. Mini ones are fun and you can spread them out at a party or on a dessert table. I love Super Bowl parties mainly for all of the food that people make. I can make little appetizers but usually I am on the dessert making team! These cupcakes are really easy to make and I put little M&Ms as players on the field! I thought that was a cute touch. I only wrote out a few of the field numbers because there wasn’t space for more, plus it’s easier that way. I will also share my secret for filling in the gaps of cupcakes when making a cupcake cake!
When it comes to watching sports with a group there are the people super in to the game and just there for the food. I fall into the later category. I enjoy sports and know whats going on during a football game. I personally am more about the experience of watching sports with a group and eating tons of food. That is the best part! I may not have a team in the game during the Super Bowl but I am always “Team Cheese”. I made these super cute funny free printable sports party food labels for the big game. These are perfect for food toppers or labels at a Super Bowl party. Really they would be fun for any sports party including kids birthday parties. I love the mini foam fingers, these would look so cute on top of some cupcakes. Cupcakes are #1 in my book! People may not agree on what team should win but we can all be on “Team Food”. I tried to cover the Super Bowl party foods that are typically served such as chips, dip, cheese(in any form), burgers, and tacos. Are tacos a thing all over the country or is it just an Arizona thing to serve tacos at any occasion? I could eat tacos, chips, and guacamole all day every day so I am definitely “Team Tacos”.
Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 … 29 Next