I’m going to get real with you about this post. I wanted to come up with ideas with things I had in my craft supplies. I’ve been cleaning things out because we just moved. Some stuff I wanted to keep in case I had some use for them in the future. I hate to waste anything and because of that I have hoarded random craft supplies. I had one pink plastic table cloth that has no purpose. A while ago I saw on Pinterest someone had use plastic table cloths to make floating flowers in the pool. I have no idea wear that post was from but I wanted to create my own floating pool flowers. These aren’t the prettiest flowers ever but with a bunch of them I think they would look so pretty in the pool for a party! Also just for an outdoor party. These plastic tablecloth floating flowers are a simple diy decoration that no one will expect. I made 3 of them with one table cloth. These table cloths I got in a pack of two from the dollar store. If you had 5 packs of them you could make 30 flowers! I can tell you how to make them even prettier than my attempt.
Archive of ‘Uncategorized’ category
Right now I am in the process of moving and packing is one of my least favorite things. Instead on focusing on the pile of boxes that surround me in true procrastinator style I am thinking of all the fun we will have with our housewarming party! I also can never think of housewarming gifts to give. These free printable housewarming gift boxes are perfect for little gifts such as gift cards. They look like tiny little houses too! That’s one of the best gifts to give to new home owners gift cards to somewhere for them to start decorating their home. These little boxes are also perfect for a house warming party for tiny favors. They can fit cupcakes, little wine bottles, candy, healthy snack mixes or tiny plants.
I would say my least favorite part of throwing parties is the clean up! More like my least favorite party of life is cleaning. I’m not afraid to say it, I don’t like cleaning, but it is a necessary evil. When you throw a party sadly after all the fun you have to clean up the mess. Since I am a blogger that focuses heavily on parties I know a thing or two about making glittery confetti messes. I am creating things on a daily basis and with that comes tiny pretty messes. Since making messes comes more naturally to me than cleaning them up I have come up with some shortcuts and ways to make the cleaning party a bit easier. I also have thrown enough parties to figure out what does and doesn’t work with the clean up. You can see my messes above, that top picture sure has a lot of dirt haha. In Arizona we get these lovely dust storms that bring massive amounts of dust all around, I decided that dust needed some confetti on top. My bottom more Instagram friendly mess picture I was playing around with confetti while wearing my unicorn slippers! Grown women need unicorn slippers too! I never outgrew my love for fairies, unicorns, and mermaids. Luckily I had a daughter so I can still play with all those silly fun things. Those are just a few of my many party messes that I have made and had to clean up!
Making this winter bright and tropical continues with these fun coffee or hot drink sleeves! I’m feeling all tropical and beachy while inside with the heat on. Fill these up with my colorful hot chocolate. Then you will have some bright drinks and cups. These could be really fun for coffee at a tropical brunch! Then top the drinks with whipped cream and colorful sprinkles. Plus the tropical vibes go great with colorful Christmas lights for easy decor in the winter. I just couldn’t wait until the heat to make some tropical fun. By the time summer comes around I will probably be making things in fall colors.
With New Years and winter around the corner I want to add some sparkle to everything. I am all decorated for Christmas and I added plenty of sparkly snowflakes to my decor. Of course I didn’t think about how messy the sparkles could be so now my place is covered in glitter. These sparkly centerpiece ideas are no mess because I used glitter washi tape! Plus I got the materials from the dollar store. Cheap, easy, and sparkly without the mess.
For the Candles I wrapped gold washi tape around led tea lights. Don’t use regular candles unless you are just wrapping the very bottom.
These diy sparkle party decorations are the best and most creative ways to make your party sparkle! I want to have a sparkly unicorn princess party stat. There is something for every kind of shiny party from weddings, kids parties, new years, and birthdays. These are my absolute favorite sparkly decoration ideas from around the web. Click on the site name to get the full diys.
DIY Glitter Dipped Cups from Evite
How fabulous are these sparkly donuts found on Kara’s Party Ideas
I love parties but I never know what food to make. I am not much of a cook so I always need to make something easy. I want the food to be easy to make but super tasty. I found some amazing recipes from around the web that are both tasty and simple to make. There is something for all types of parties from fun kids parties to classy adult soirees! These easy party appetizers are sure to please a crowd and will disappear in minutes.
These Buffalo Chicken Bites look amazing! From A Pumpkin and A Princess
15 fun trolls party games and activities!
We are really excited for the Trolls movie in my house! My daughter loves games and activities. She helped me come up with some Troll games and activities! These are all kid approved.
- Find the troll. Put a troll from my printable tags CLICK HERE underneath a piece of candy or cups. Tape on with double sided tape. Show the kids which cup has the troll then mix them around quickly and see if the kids can guess where the troll ends up. You can do it with the two different trolls and 5 pieces of candy(or cups) to make it more challenging to guess.
- Decorate a troll. Take blue and pink paper bags. Add googly eyes, stickers, gems, tissue paper, feathers and other decorations.
- Freeze dance. Put on some music from the movie such as “Cant stop this feeling”. Start the music then stop it after a short time. Every time it stops the kids have to freeze. Dancing and a game in one!
- Troll pinata! Everyone loves a pinata.
- Poppy’s popping bubble station because bubbles! You can have individual bubbles or a large bubble maker.
- Run from the bergan! Have an adult or one person be the bergan/bad guy. Everyone else are trolls, if the trolls are tagged they turn into a bergan and get to tag others. The last good guy wins.
- Making streamer troll people. Have different teams with different colors of streamers for every team. Each team has to wrap an entire roll of streamers around one team member. Whoever finishes first wins.
- Streamer troll relay race. Once people are wrapped up as trolls have an obstacle course set up for them to crawl over objects or jump over. This can be made with streamers tied across the room or a hallway.
- Balloon game! Everyone loves balloons. I haven’t met a person large or small that doesn’t love balloons. Tie balloons around the kids waists with streamers. Have two teams with two different color balloons. Kids from one team try to chase and steal the other teams balloons. When they steal a balloon the person they stole it from is out and they can put the balloons in a laundry basket or box. Whoever gets the other team out first wins.
- Crazy troll hair station. Have a station with hair chalk and hair glitter(glitter optional) to make fun bright color troll hair. You can do fun styles as well, depending on your hair skill level.
- Hide the troll or trolls. Have small troll toys, small balls, candy or plastic eggs with the troll printables taped on them. Hide them, have the kids search for and collect the trolls.
- Car races! Tape the printables on small wind up cars. Have two teams race Poppy and Branch.
- Pin the hair on the troll. Get a poster of the trolls. Get cardstock paper in the color of the hair and cut pieces it out in the shape of the hair. Put double sided tape on the back of the papers. Have the kids pin the hair on the poster.
- Ring toss. Print out the large circle trolls CLICK HERE, Tape onto the top of a wooden dowel. Glue the bottom of the wooden dowel to the middle of a small piece of wood, cardboard or foam board. You can use embrodiery hoops with ribbon wrapped around for the rings(these are cheaper than a ring toss game). If you already have a ring toss game just use that and tape one of the trolls to the base or front.
- Troll twister. Use the printable mentioned in the line above and tape them to one of the colors on the twister board.
This post contains affiliate links
My daughter has been excited for the Trolls movie to come out for the past couple months. Any time we see a preview she gets really excited. I also want to see this movie because it has Trolls duh! Plus, I love the theme song and love me some Justin Timberlake. I made these printable Trolls cupcake wrappers inspired by the movie. They can be use for parties or a fun treat before going to see the movie. You can also put cotton candy in cupcake wrappers with the Trolls wrappers for troll hair.
Who’s ready to embrace your inner bad mom?! With the movie bad moms coming out I was thinking about all the “bad mom” things I am doing with getting my daughter ready for school. I feel bad for doing some things completely half ass but I really shouldn’t. If you worry at all about not doing everything right as a parent then you are a good parent. I love that moms are starting to embrace there imperfections and say who cares if others judge me. I can be a pinteresty mom. However, I am not going to have the perfect bento boxes that include a sandwich version of a Picasso painting. I just don’t have the time. I also don’t make healthy snacks(or anything) from scratch and I can’t always get my daughter to eat any of her vegetables. I put fruits and vegetables in my daughters lunch mostly so I wont get judged for not including these healthy additions. Yes, she is picky and I don’t want to hear about how kids are picky because parents make them that way. We do eat healthy but we also have to live life. Sometimes chicken nuggets and pizza are just delicious! Sorry not sorry.
1 2 3 Next