I’m ready to get into the Halloween fun! Candy, monsters, and pumpkins oh my. Halloween is such a fun holiday. It’s in my top 2 for sure. This year I have a bunch of fun simple Halloween ideas and I can’t wait to share them with you all! These monster treat bags are such a simple idea for handing out candy, little treats for classes, and kids. Kids can help make them and I whipped them up in minutes. I just love the simple ideas that still turn out oh so cute. I haven’t made any creepy projects for Halloween this year but as my daughter gets older I plan to add in some of the fun and spooky side of Halloween. My mom started us early with the scary movies but I think with my daughter she would never sleep alone again if I showed her one of the scarier Halloween movies. I still can barely watch the Chuckie movies. So for now we will stick to the simple innocent side of Halloween.
What you need to make these adorable monster treat bags:
colorful tissue paper, I used green and blue
rubber bands or curling ribbon
candy or treats
- Take a piece of tissue paper and fold it into a square.
- Add candy or other treats.
- Bring the sides together and tie them over the treats with a rubber band or curling ribbon.
- Take scissors and fringe the top by cutting downward towards the bag.
- Spread out the cut fringe pieces.
- Put tape on the back of the eyes and add them to the bag. Some I did with two eyes, some with one, and some with three. Monsters have all different amounts of eyes!
- Draw on a mouth with a marker or sharpie. This can be in a circle, smile, or zig zag pattern.
These cute monster treat bags were super simple to make and kids absolutely love them! They are perfect for class gifts or even a fun way to hand out candy to friends! I’m sure I will make extra with left over Halloween candy to give out to friends.