This week is all about the unicorns because they are awesome and I can never get enough unicorns! I made these adorable unicorn favor bags. You can use this technique to make unicorn gift bags as well. Who wouldn’t love a little gift dressed up as a unicorn. I have some other unicorn fun coming your way later this week but these bags are one of my favorites. I may have an obsession and I may be writing this while wearing my unicorn slippers. Unicorn parties are fun for kids and adults. One of these days I plan to have a unicorn brunch with lots of rainbow fun treats. I got these bags from the dollar store but you can use any white bags, although the handles on the bags worked really well for the ears. For the hair I used some rainbow metallic tissue paper from the party store for the hair. You can use colorful tissue paper as well.
What you need to make them:
metallic colorful tissue paper
white gift bags or favor bags
gold shiny cardstock paper
- For the horn take a piece of gold card stock paper and cut a strip 2 inches thick, Roll it into a cone shape, cut off any extra parts, and glue the ends together.
- Use a hole puncher to punch two holes in the cone one on each side and put a ribbon through the holes.
- If the bag has handles cut them off and fold them in half.
- Then glue the ends together and glue the ends to the inside of one side of the bag at the top.
- Add goodies to the bag.
- Punch a hole in both sides of the bag on the top in the middle and put the ribbon attached to the horn through the holes. Tie it together in the back.
- Take a couple strips of colorful tissue paper and glue them to the top of the bag in the front and the back if you want it in back too.
- Draw eyes and a nose on the front with a sharpie or pen like shown above.
- Then you are all done.
These diy unicorn favor bags turned out so cute. I will definitely be using them for any occasion possible!