Summer is coming up and do you know what that means, mermaids! When I was a kid(okay also as an adult) I was obsessed with mermaids. My sister, cousins, and I would pretend to be mermaids. My grandmother would put us in the hammock and pretend that we were mermaids in a net. Bath time got a little splashy with splashing our mermaid tails. My parents had to sit through The Little Mermaid about fifty million times and that’s barely exaggerating! I’m a mermaid on the inside and this week on the blog I am letting my mermaid love out with some fun mermaid party ideas. Starting with these adorable mermaid party favors that look like mermaid tails. They are so easy to make and not to mention crazy affordable since they are made out of tissue paper!
What you need to make them:
green tissue paper(2 sheets per bag)
goodies to put in bags
- Open up two sheets of tissue paper. In the center fill with goodies candy, bubbles, stickers, or any other small party favors. You can add tissue paper or bag filling to fill it out.
- Fold the right and left sides of tissue paper over the center goodies. Then grab the front and top side and fold them together. Then tie a ribbon around the tissue paper above the goodies.
- Take the sides and tape any extra tissue paper back as shown above.
- With a black sharpie draw half circle shapes facing downwards in a row on the bottom of the front. Then continue to draw them all the way up the front of the bag.
- Cut out a V shape in the middle of the top of the bag.
- Take the edges and twist them together towards the back.
- Tie on the printable if desired.
Any little mermaids will love these favors for their party!