Fourth Of July is coming up. Ok it’s a month away but it’s the next big holiday to decorate for so bring it on. I also had to come up with a tasty treat for the occasion. I love how cute these chocolate covered Fourth of July pretzels turned out! Dip anything in colorful chocolate and it will turn out amazing. That’s just a fact. Anyone can make these cute little flags for a treat on the Fourth of July. This week I am moving across the country to be with my fiance who is in the military and I am feeling the need to spread some patriotic love. I typically do that in craft or dessert form. I’m also going to keep this short and sweet because I need some sleep before the move.
What you need to make them:
candy melts in red, white, and blue
bowls for the candy melts
a toothpick or lollipop stick
- Melt candy melts according to the package.
- Dip a pretzel in the red then the next one in white and repeat. Line them up on a sheet of parchment paper with 4 pretzels completely covered in the candy melts.
- For the edges I couldn’t cover when I was holding the pretzels I took a spoon with just a dot of candy melts and spread it on the uncovered spot. You can use a toothpick too to move it around over that spot.
- For the top three pretzels only cover half of the pretzel in candy melt and place that side on the right.
- Add blue to the uncovered part with a spoon.
- Add white dots on top of the blue using a toothpick or lollipop stick.
- Let them dry, you can put them in the fridge to accelerate the process.
They are just too adorable!