Sometimes I just like to combined tasty things together to see what happens. It’s getting warmer out here, in fact today is 106 degrees, yuck! That means it is time for some ice cream. I also want donuts so what did I do, I used the donut as an ice cream bowl! Yes, it is possible and delicious you can eat the whole thing! I just used glazed donuts but you can use any kind of donuts. You could do sprinkle donuts and funfetti ice cream. You could do chocolate and chocolate! The possibilities are endless and I will try them all out! I’ve been on a bit of a donut kick lately and my daughter absolutely loves ice cream for dessert. This was a good compromise, the best of both worlds!
What you need to make them:
white candy melts
any other toppings you want
- This part I didn’t show but it’s important so listen up! Melt the candy melts put a circular shape of the candy melts about the size of the donut on parchment paper. Make sure it is slightly on the thick side so no ice cream can get out. The candy melts are an important part because without them you don’t have a bottom to your bowl!
- Place donuts on top of the candy melts. Place the donuts in the freezer for 20 minutes or refrigerator for 40.
- Scoop ice cream on top of the donut.
- Add whipped cream on top.
- Then of course sprinkles.
- You can add any other toppings you would like.
- If you aren’t serving them right away put them on a cookie sheet and put the cookie sheet in the freezer until you are ready to serve them.
I am seriously obsessed with these donut ice cream bowls! Why did I ever use regular bowls, these are so much more fun! I may have gone a little crazy with piling on the ice cream and whipped cream!