My daughter is a bagel addict. She could completely live off of bagels if I let her. After a while I get bored with just a plain old bagel and cream cheese. She also really likes butterflies. We are moving soon and she might have an all butterfly room! I’m a little nervous to over do the butterflies in case she changes her mind but I don’t think butterflies can go out of style. I made these cute butterfly bagels for her as a snack and she loved them! Add sprinkles to anything and she will love them. It may not be something to have every day but for a fun creative snack or a spring party butterfly bagels are a cute way to dress up plain bagels. Plus, they are incredibly easy to put together. You don’t have to have sprinkles, you could add cute cut out fresh fruit too. I tried to do that with my daughter but she wanted her fruit on the side and had the butterflies pretend to eat the fruit. However she has the fruit I am happy with as long as she eats it too. I think these bagels would be adorable for a brunch with kids and adults. Who knows the adults might like them even more than the kids!
What you need to make them:
plain bagels, mini bagels are good for a party
strawberry cream cheese
- Open up bagel. Then cut the half in half as shown above.
- Switch sides for the halves so the part that was cut is facing the outside.
- Spread cream cheese on top.
- Spread sprinkles on the edge of the right and left side.
- Take a knife and poke a hole in the top of the bagel towards the middle on both sides as shown above.
- Break a pretzel stick in half. Insert one half on the right side and one on the left.
They look so cute and were really easy to make. You can also take plain cream cheese and use food coloring to add color. They could be orange or yellow!