It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas and this time of year is also the time for holiday cocktails! It’s fun to make specialty cocktails but typically I am more of just a wine gal. I found a fun way to dress up any type of holiday drink. These are cranberry drinks but you can put any types of drinks in these adorable snow globe cups! I did a wine glass one and a shot glass type cup. Let me tell you I love them so much I will be using that wine glass all year round. That’s not much a stretch for me because I use my Elf coffee cup year round too. It’s just more fun to drink out of festive cups. These snow globe cups are also really fun DIY gifts to hand out to friends.
What you need to make the snow globe cups:
small ball jars or any small jars
glue, E6000 glass glue is best
small figurines like trees or winter creatures
wine tumbler or other glass with a flat bottom
- Take one jar and add a few small dots of glue to the inside of the lid.
- Place the figures firmly down on top of the glue dots.
- Add a small amount of fake snow in the small ball jar, just enough to cover the bottom of the lid and figurines.
- Flip over the lid and screw it onto the jar.
- Put glue on the top of the jar.
- Press the tumbler or other small jar on top of the snow globe jar.
- Let the glue dry.
You can also make these with clear plastic cups from the dollar store. Just glue a plate to the bottom. They are really easy to make and will definitely be a hit at parties!