My daughter is obsessed with penguins! Here bed looks like the stuffed animal arctic. She is building up quite the penguin collection. I think it is so adorable. The only problem is she wants to go see penguins in their natural habitat and I had to break it to her that’s not going to happen. She wants to see those emperor penguins waddling in the wild. We are Arizona girls I don’t think I could handle the cold and it would be quite the impossible trip to visit penguins in Antarctica. When I was in South Africa there were penguins and they were the cutest. Hopefully someday we can visit the beach dwelling penguins! That’s more my style. I get cold when it is 50 degrees.
What you need to make these penguin cupcakes:
black frosting or decorating gel
orange candy melts
- Frost the cupcakes. With the chocolate ones they get some of the crumbs in the frosting. You can frost once, put them in the freezer for a 10 minutes then frost again to avoid the crumby look. Do as I say not as I do!
- Add M&Ms slightly above the center of the cupcake.
- For the top of the head. Make a downward u shape from the center off to the right side with black frosting or decorative gel. Then from the center off to the left side stopping at the edge even with the M&Ms.
- Add the black decorative gel to cover the top.
- Add small downward u shapes just to the left and right of the top M&M and right below the top black part.
- (Not pictured) Make a line of the black gel down the right and left sides.
- Take an orange candy melt and cut it in half.
- Put the candy melt on the bottom left and right side.
These penguin cupcakes are the easiest to make, seriously anyone can make them! Really fun for winter celebrations or for penguin lovers.
Need some more penguin treats, check out these adorable Penguin Donuts, fun for Christmas or winter mornings!