I always want to hand out little gifts for the holidays. I’m not usually a candy cane person but you have to have a candy cane around Christmas! I found these Starburst candy canes and had to try them out. They are tasty and they look really cute as snowmen! Candy cane snowmen are even cuter than the candy cane reindeer. They are fun to hand out to friends or in kids classes. Dress them up with a little scarf or ear muffs! Some I made with faces, others without, either way I think they look adorable.
What you need to make them:
mini pom pom balls in red and green
white pom pom balls
orange and black paper
- Add hot glue to the top and around the side of a white pom pom craft ball.
- Press the glue part firmly underneath the curved part of the candy cane.
- Add glue to the top of and around the side of a second pom pom. Add it right below the other pom pom on the candy cane.
- Add two small pom poms for buttons on the bottom white pom pom ball.
- Then add red pom pom balls to both sides next to the white pom pom on the candy cane.
- Punch out black and orange paper for the face.
Some of them have ribbon for scarves. For those add one pom pom above and one below the curved part of the candy canes. First tie a piece of ribbon off to one side and glue it on the other side to keep it in place. I like having a variety of ones with the scarves and ear muffs. Also having some with faces and some without can save some time. I love how cute these little guys turned out!