You can make all of the emojis in cute cupcake topper form! These are simple to make with store bought or homemade cupcakes. I will show you how to make a few of my favorite emojis with these yummy chocolate toppers. Anyone can make these for an emoji party. You could make them all with the same emoji or mix it up with your favorite emojis. These diy emoji cupcakes are sure to be a hit at an emoji party.
What you need to make the diy emoji cupcakes:
frosted cupcakes with your favorite recipe
yellow candy melts(melt some and leave some unmelted)
black candy melts melted
pink frosting or sparkle gel
- Melt black candy melts in a bowl according to package. Dip a toothpick in the candy melts. Take a whole yellow candy melt and draw a sideways little m for the mouth in the middle on the bottom.
- Dip the toothpick in more candy melts. You can wipe it off with a paper towel in between dips so it doesn’t build up too much. Draw two small crescents facing downward on the top left and right for the eyes.
- Melt a small amount of yellow candy melts. Spread a small amount on the right side next to the mouth and place a heart sprinkle on top.
- On the left side next to the mouth add a dot of the edible sparkle gel or a dot of pink frosting.
- Dip a lollipop stick or toothpick in melted yellow candy melts. Add a dab on a whole yellow candy melt toward the top left and right.
- Put heart sprinkles over the melted candy melts dots.
- Dip a lollipop stick or toothpick in black melted candy melts. Draw a small circle shape for the mouth.
- Add edible sparkle gel on the cheeks.
- Dip lollipop stick or toothpick in melted yellow candy melts. Put a dab on the bottom of a whole yellow melt on the bottom in the middle.
- Put a heart sprinkle on top.
- Make two small crescent shaped for the eyes with a toothpick dipped in black candy melts.
- For the cheeks add a dab of pink gel on each side of the mouth.
- Break a heart sprinkle in half. Take a whole unmelted yellow candy melt. Dab a small amount of melted yellow candy melt on the bottom in the middle. Place the half heart sprinkle curved side down on the candy melt.
- Take a toothpick and dip it in black candy melts and draw a line above the half heart sprinkle.
- For the eyes draw a sideways v for one eye with a toothpick. Then a circle with a toothpick or lollipop stick for the other eye.
- For the cheeks use the pink gel.
- Dip a lollipop stick or toothpick in the melted black candy melts.
- Draw two small circle towards the top of a whole yellow candy melt.
- Take a toothpick and dip it in the black melts. Draw a line straight out to the right and left of two circles.
- Make a crescent shape for the mouth.
Once the emojis have dried place them on top of the cupcakes.
I am just loving them all. You can use these chocolate emojis to top other desserts not just cupcakes. Brownies and rice krispie treats could definitely use some emoji love too!